...I wear several hats.
I'm a farm wife
I work parttime at a ranch (the one Mel Gibson used to own)
I sell promotional products
also,
I'm a grandma
I live in a small community of friends and family
But it is the top three that causes for a lot af empty boxes needing check marks.
Farm: keeping the bills paid, getting the bills out, keeping the farmer going either via parts runs or food or 'can you give me a ride' or 'flag the swather across the bridge'.
Life at the ranch is the calmest of the three jobs but there is always a myriad of line items to complete. I'm kinda the go-to, 'make sure the details are covered' gal there.
But it is the promotional product hat that has taught me detail. Embarrassing and costly if the details aren't covered. From researching the whole gambit of advertising items to narrowing it down to something specific, narrowing it down even further to desired features, getting art work in a proper format, what kind of font?, shipping, set-up, proof charges, how ya gonna pay, when is the drop-dead date, what color do you want, where do we ship. Each item needs its own "X". I'm sure lots of you do these same things, different industry.
So, I've started keeping a notebook where I write everything. Phone calls, ideas, grocery list, credit card information. I update my to-do list often, refreshing it in a sense, And I love when I can put a lot of checkmarks or an "X" by the item, thus making it go away!
"X" is my friend. And heaven help me if I lose my notebook!
Put a "X" by the boxes on all the other "X" posts on Jenny's site:





I like Xs too! Nothing like having a checklist full of them! Mel Gibson, huh? (snickering starting).
ReplyDeleteFirst time visitor from Jenny's. I enjoyed reading your post and nosed around a little. Hubby and I have always wanted a small farm. Maybe someday we'll "retire" to one if we're lucky.
ReplyDeleteWhat the heck does "flag the swather across the bridge" mean??
Yes crossing off something on the list is Xhilerating!
ReplyDeletePutting an X on the to do list is always a relief for me too.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
You sound so nice and organized. If only I could do the same.
ReplyDeleteHello from another Farm gal :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I ever so feel your pain...lol and triumphs :) And so totally grasp that concept of the NOTEBOOK!
Have you hugged an x today? :) LOL
all hail the mighty X! keeping some of us sane and organized!
ReplyDeleteI'm a list keeper too and it feels so good to X something off the list.
ReplyDeleteGreat choice!
I love lists and like to check them off too. It makes me feel so accomplished when I do lol. Great X post.
ReplyDeleteAh a list is so freeing. There are very few things that feel as good as X -ing off an item!
ReplyDeleteDee! I can hear you saying all this! What an Xcellent and clever post to link up to Alphabe-Thursday!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you do this meme. You really help make it Xstraordinary!
I love X'ing of things on lists, too!
A+